Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Latest Review of Autumn's Peril.



4.0 out of 5 stars

 A reluctant hero captures my heart.May 22, 2012

By 

I found this book easy to read and enjoyable. The writing style masterfully blends action, emotion and description.


The characters the unwilling hero meets are so finely drawn I feel as if I know each one--a young lad with a pure heart and a ready smile, a beautiful, powerful woman and past friends who turn against him. As the stakes become higher, we wonder if Caleath can survive all his suffering, let alone reach his goal and free himself from the alien world on which he's landed or the wielders of dark magic who track him down.


When Caleath struggles ashore, supporting a well-fed man, I bonded with a hero who cares about his companion. I suffered with his pain from injury and exhaustion as I learned about his background on another world of slavery. The hero gradually reveals his flaws, which only endear him more as he fights and protects the people around him although they didn't value his admirable qualities. I want him to escape his enslavement from those who follow through the bitter cold and snow.

No comments: